May 09, 2023
Linen is woven by twisting linen into threads, with a surface that is not as smooth as synthetic fibers and cotton, and has vivid concave and convex textures. Painters often take advantage of the subtle and interesting material beauty of linen cloth. Besides synthetic fibers, linen is the strongest type of textile.
Linen textiles seem to be one of the oldest textiles in the world; Their history can be traced back thousands of years. The discovery of dyed linen fibers in a cave in southeastern Europe (present-day Georgia) suggests that linen fabrics woven from wild linen may date back more than 30000 years. Linen was used in ancient civilizations, including Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt, and the Bible also mentioned linen. In the 18th century and beyond, the linen industry was important in the economies of several European countries and American colonies.
Linen is very sturdy, has strong water absorption, and dries faster than cotton. Due to these characteristics, linen is comfortable to wear in hot weather and has great value in clothing. Flax textiles can be made from flax plant fibers and yarns, as well as woven and knitted. It also has other unique features, especially its tendency to wrinkle Although both are natural fiber, the harvest time is much longer than that of cotton and other materials. It is also more difficult to weave than cotton.
After the 16th century, canvas became the main material for oil painting, and among numerous linen and cotton fabrics, pure linen was the most ideal choice for canvas.
(1) Besides synthetic fibers, linen is the strongest type of textile. Its fiber strength is high and it is not easy to tear or puncture, and can be easily scraped or pressed by a color mixing knife.
(2) A dense linen fabric woven from warp and weft threads, with excellent coloring properties.
(3) Linen fabric is woven by twisting linen into threads, with a surface that is not as smooth as synthetic fibers and cotton fabric, and has vivid concave and convex textures. Painters often take advantage of the subtle and interesting material beauty of linen fabric.
(4) Flax fabric and flaxseed oil are derived from the same plant and have the same chemical properties, which can support each other.
(5) Linen fabric can be divided into single weave (SW) and double weave (DW), which are easy to process into various specifications with different thicknesses, thicknesses, and textures. Coarse textured linen is suitable for painting with a large and sharp blade, making it an ideal canvas that presents a bold and smooth brushstroke. Medium density linen fabric is flat and has uniform texture, making it the most suitable performance method for rubbing, covering, and dyeing in realistic style. Fine textured linen is commonly used in small artwork, suitable for a fine and dense painting style.
(6) In terms of preservation and restoration, canvas oil painting is superior to oil painting on other supports, with linen fabric ranking first. Flax generally grows in cool and humid climate conditions, and Belgium and Ireland are the main producing areas of flax.
(7) Production of Linen fabric: The mature linen is harvested intact from root to leaf, allowing it to rot, leaving a solid fiber, and then woven into cloth. Due to differences in texture and thickness, the linens sold range in width from about one meter to over three meters, with specially made products reaching over four meters in width.
Pure linen has a higher price, so there are cheap varieties such as semi linen and cotton linen blended. Due to the fluctuation of cotton and linen with humidity, blended fabrics are not suitable for large canvas sizes.
The correct stacking method is to classify and neatly stack the fabric, which is easy to manage. You can easily see what material you are looking for, which is beneficial for ventilation and fire prevention. It is best to place cotton fabric in a well ventilated place, such as the closest place to the door or window. One meter of door width is a regular door width, with 6 to 7 rolls placed in a row. Each row has two side rolls and a thin roll in the middle, which is not easy to collapse. The second layer is vertically flat, The quantity must be the same as the bottom, and the third layer should still be laid horizontally, with the same quantity, and so on.
It is a very wrong stacking method to randomly stack materials without distinguishing them, which is not conducive to ventilation. If stored for a long time, the middle part will become moldy, spots will appear on the cotton fabric, and the fabric fastness will decrease. The fabric can be easily torn open by hand
Linen fabric is usually used to make clothing, but rarely used to make handbags. Our company has newly developed linen fabric handbags to meet customer needs and provide users with more packaging options. Just contact for linen bag price.
BAGEST specializes in making all kinds of hemp shopping bag, linen tote bag, tencel drawstring pouch, environmental friendly and degradable materials shopping bags.